Wednesday 8 June 2011

Hard Candy

A mature 14-year old girl (Ellen Page) meets a charming 32-year old photographer on the Internet. Suspecting that he is a pedophile, she goes to his home in an attempt to expose him.  


This is the very rare type of film I want to see mostly for the main actress, as I think Ellen Page is very good in what ever film she does. I was also quite sceptical of this film as i'm not a massive fan of thrillers. 


This is a very gritty and raw film, very psychological thriller. It had me on the edge of my seat (read *hiding under the duvet*).  You watch as she mentally tortures this man, all the while wondering if he committed the crime or not. Its very edgy, and the way it is shot reflects this, with great camera angles and brilliant direction.  Ellen Page is very good in this film, and she really does look and act like a mature 14 year old. 


Its not a film you can love, but it is a very good film in the way it is done.  It definatly had me on edge all the way through.  Im not sure if i liked it as such, because it did terrify me. But i do think its a very good film, in that the story was good, the direction was excellent and the acting was brilliant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment